Race Car for sale – 1967 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
From the listing for this Porsche Race Car for sale:
- last ever product 906 Carrera 6
- world record car from 29.10.1967 in Monza with Joseph Siffert
- documented ownership and racing history since new
- 40 years in the hand of private collector
- full known race history from 1967 up to 1974
In its debut in the 1966 24 Hours of Daytona, the Carrera 6 finished 6th overall, and won its class against Ferrari Dino 206 Ps. At the 12 Hours of Sebring, Hans Herrmann/Gerhard Mitter finished fourth overall and won the class, as at the 1000 km of Monza.
906s recorded class victories at the 1000 km Spa and the 1000 km Nürburgring and a privately entered 906 secured an overall victory at the 1966 Targa Florio when the factory cars failed.
At the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans, the 906 placed 4-5-6-7 behind three Ford GT40 Mk IIs, outlasting all of the previously dominant V12-engined Ferrari Ps.
PRICE ON REQUEST FROM Movendi
Listed for sale by Movendi