Race Car for sale – 1956 Maserati 200 SI
This 1956 Maserati 200 SI is being offered for Auction at the Gooding & Company’s Amelia Island event that is running on March 13, 2015.
From the lot listing for this Maserati Race Car for sale:
- The Very First Maserati 200 S Built
- Maserati Factory Team Car with Exceptional International Racing History
- Raced by Moss, Musso, Behra, Bracco, Farina, Taruffi, and Villoresi
- Highly Original Example Certified by the Maserati Classiche Department
- Eligible for the Most Important Historic Races and Concours
Maserati 200S were twenty-eight racing cars made by Maserati of Italy, to take over for the aging Maserati A6 GCS racing variants.
The Tipo 52 development started in 1952, led by Giulio Alfieri. The car had a 1994.3 cc inline-four cylinder light-alloy engine, dual OHV per cylinder and DOHC camshafts, double Weber 50DCO3 (first few cars only) or 45DCO3 carburetors. It output 190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp) at 7500 rpm. Many chassis components were identical to the Maserati 150S, except the rigid rear axle inherited from the Maserati A6.
Maserati made the first three chassis internally, but outsourced a tubular chassis to Gilco. The first five aluminum bodies were, as for the Maserati 150S, by Celestino Fiandri, and the 23 final by Medardo Fantuzzi.
PRICE: Auction Estimate – Upon Request from Gooding & Company
Check out the auction Lot information at goodingco.com.